1. What is Unbabel.org?
Unbabel.org is a non-profit portal which provides high-quality translation services to NGOs and charities free of charge. By connecting volunteer translators with humanitarian causes, we’re helping those who cannot make their own voices be heard.
So from now on, if you are interested in helping out, you will be able to work on that will be available on our platform.
2. How can I get access to Volunteer Tasks?
- Go to your , to the menu and select “”.
- Next you should see the following screen. You select the cause you want to join and then you click on “Volunteer now”.
- After refreshing the page, you should be able to access , at the top of your dashboard available. It’s exactly the same process as the one for training/paid tasks, reviews, etc.
3. How does a Volunteer Task looks like?
A Volunteer Task looks just like a normal task, displayed at the usual Unbabel editing interface.
4. Am I going to get notified about Volunteer Tasks available?
Whenever there are volunteer tasks available for your language pair and cause you've signed, there will be a numeral highlighted at the header of your dashboard.
Currently volunteer tasks are not supported at our browser and mobile notification system.
5. Am I going to get paid by performing Volunteer Tasks?
No. Unbabel Editors whose signed in to work for a cause are considered volunteers — also, Unbabel does not charge NGOs and charities for translations.
6. How do I stop volunteering?
At the causes you’re supporting, pass the mouse in the “You’re volunteering” button, it should turn to “Stop Volunteering”. And then, you just have to click and confirm.
7. In which language pairs there are Volunteer Tasks available?
Currently we have volunteer tasks available in the language pair English to German.
Please note that language pairs will be added according to each NGO’s needs, so it may be a while until yours is called into action, but don’t let that stop you. New causes will come often.