Unbabel supports translation between Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese (traditional), Chinese (simplified), Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (PT), Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish (EU), Spanish (LatAm), Swedish, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese.
Unbabel has a growing list of supported languages.
If your target language pair is not currently supported, check out our Blog to stay informed as we roll out new languages.
Unbabel supports 3 language levels: Native, Fluent or Beginner.
- Native - a user has a Native/Bilingual proficiency in the target language:
- has a speaking proficiency equivalent to that of an educated native speaker;
- has complete fluency in the language, such that speech on all levels is fully accepted by educated native speakers in all of its features, including breadth of vocabulary and idiom, colloquialisms, and pertinent cultural references*.
- Each user can set only one language as Native.
- Fluent - a user is able to use the language fluently and accurately on all levels and as normally pertinent to professional needs.
- Beginner - if you can read and fully understand text in target language with the normal language nuances.
Languages you define as Native or Fluent will be the ones you will write translations to.
*According to the I.L.R. Scale