Review jobs are translations that requires a final editing from Senior Editors before they are delivered to the customer.
Senior Editor's role is to ensure the text has an appropriate tone, sounds native, and has no grammar or spelling mistakes. It’s critical in this step to guarantee that all the guidelines given are followed and the specifics of the target language are respected (e.g. Spanish European vs. Latinoamerican Spanish).
The Review jobs are available in the Translation Tasks section of the platform.
Senior Editors are hand picked editors from our Community, based on their consistent quality and commitment at Unbabel.
Review Tasks are paid according to the Editor's hourly rate and directly credited on their balance.
As often Senior Editor is the person delivering the final job to customer, there are a few rules you should have in mind
- Deliver high quality jobs and respond diligently to the customer's comments.
- Don't leave unanswered any comment or question raised from the customers or community managers.
- Make sure you understand the question raised by the customer. If not, request for clarification.
- Make sure you can justify your translation with examples or references.
- Own your role and don't make other Editors responsible for any issue. The Senior Editor is in charge of delivering the job and all the communication with the customer.
After being submitted, Review jobs can be in three statuses:
- Waiting for Approval: after receiving the final version of translation, Customer has up to ten days to approve or comment it.
- Waiting for Reply: after receiving comments from a customer, Senior Editor has 24 hours to reply to customer and re-edit the text.
- Approved: congratulations! It means that the customer is happy with the translation and the job is closed.
Native Review is a final review by a native speaker of the target language aimed at ensuring that the final text sounds natural and doesn't have any odd use of the native language.
All Senior Editors are by default Native Editors on their Native Language.
Native Review Guidelines:
- Edit the final text to ensure that it sounds natural in your native language with correct use of grammar, vocabulary and expressions.
- Even though the text was translated by multiple Editors and reviewed by a Senior Editor, the final translation must be cohesive and clear – focus on the final text.
- Take a look at the source text – just select "Show Original" link next to the flags indicating languages.
- If there are any questions regarding the translation, please, address them to the Senior Editor that reviewed the translation before you using comments bellow the text.
- After reviewing the text and making all the necessary changes, submit the job – it will be sent straight to the customer.
Native Reviewers and Senior Editors, that worked on a Task, are responsible for providing answers to the Customer’s comments and updating the jobs according to their requirements.
- Senior Editors are responsible for all the issues related to the translation, ensuring it uses the appropriate tone, sounds native, and has no grammar or spelling mistakes. It’s critical to guarantee that all the guidelines given are followed and the specifics of the target language are respected.
- Native Reviewers are in charge to fix all issues related to the use of the target language, editing the job according to the Customer's comments and submitting an update.
Senior Editor and Native Reviewer must collaborate in order to deliver impeccable translations.