To understand what the Evaluation System is about, check out this article: Evaluation System.
1. Am I able to choose which tasks I want to be evaluated?
No. All tasks are picked randomly from your latest tasks (usually containing between 15-90 words) done at the language pair evaluated, so the rating is unbiased for every Editor.
2. I'm a Trainee Editor and I have finished 10 training tasks in a Language Pair, when I will be evaluated?
Everyday, the platform randomly selects who is going to be evaluated. Depending on the language pair, it usually take up to six weeks to have your tasks evaluated, granting you access to paid jobs according your score.
3. What's the rating criteria?
Our Evaluators rate each of the five tasks selected based on a "1 to 5" rating criteria. Our platform automatically calculates the average, which is the final score.
4. Can I see the full evaluation results?
You will receive your final score (an average of the five tasks) plus general comments from our Evaluators.
5. Am I eligible to be evaluated in more than one language pair?
Yes. As long as you have 10 tasks completed in the language pair referred, you are eligible to be evaluated by our system at anytime.
6. May I share details of my results with others?
If you really must. But be a sport.
7. I've been a professional translator for over 10 years, why didn't I pass the evaluation?
Sometimes we select tasks that were done by you at different times. We may have picked a task where you didn't pay careful attention to minor errors such as punctuation, or you may have made a translation that conflicted with the naturalness desired for the text. Note that our error tolerance varies depending on level and language pair.
8. I already have access to paid tasks and my rate 4.9 rating, am I going to be evaluated again?
All Editors, no matter what role, are evaluated. Regular quality checks ensure that quality translation is always delivered, and ratings given by the Community doesn't represent Unbabel's opinion.
9. I received a message saying I failed the evaluation. How and when can I request to be evaluated one more time?
This depends on when the system randomly picks you again - sorry, random!
10. I would like to dispute my evaluation result.
Sorry, we are unable to reconsider our decision at this point.
11. Does Unbabel apply the same score criteria to all language pairs?
The same rating process and criteria is applied to every evaluation, but each language pair applies a different minimum scores to Editors accessing paid tasks.
12. I'm a trainee Editor. When will my language pair open for evaluation?
Each language pair has a capacity of Paid Editors, based on the demand of Unbabel translation requests. If your language pair isn't currently open, don't worry - we'll be sure to open it as soon as we can.
13. My rating is already ok, I don't want/need to be evaluated.
Evaluations are not optional and provide valuable information for Unbabel. While community ratings can give you an idea of your translation quality, they can be biased or lack consistency. Evaluations are unbiased, objective quality checks designed to keep delivering our customers the best translation possible. We cannot predict when you will be evaluated.