There’s no magic formula for high-quality translation, but there are some steps you can follow to be sure of success:
- The Language Guidelines are there for you. Remember to read through the language guidelines and get to grips with what we expect from you.
- Always read the instructions from the customer and pay attention to the specified register. Never change glossary terms unless absolutely necessary.
- If you’ve had an evaluation on your paid tasks, remember to look at your comments to find out how to improve. If you’re having problems, check out this article.
- Keep your translation quality consistent. Remember that when we select tasks for evaluation, they can be from any point since your last evaluation - that includes bad days, too! If you know you’re not likely to produce your best work, take a coffee break and relax - don’t submit work that’s sub-par. It’s just not worth it.
- Read through your work before sending. Even taking five seconds to glance through your tasks can be the difference between a high and a low rating.
You can find more information in our guide here.