A few years ago, we made the decision to disable the function that allows editors to add their own language pairs. As we’d grown, we realised that it wasn’t sustainable to let every editor try out for every language pair. As such, all language pair additions have to be done manually.
Language pairs have to be added manually by a Community Manager, which means that in order to do this you’ll have to contact support. We’re happy to consider all requests, however there are strict rules to what we will and won’t accept.
Language pair requests we are extremely unlikely to accept:
- Additional language pair requests from new users - if you haven’t completed paid tasks for the language pair you’ve signed up for, we’re unlikely to give you a new one;
- Any language pair that doesn’t have English in it, for example Danish to Swedish, Japanese to Korean or Russian to German - we don’t support these language pairs and it’s unlikely that we will in the future (there are some exceptions with Western European language pairs, see point 2 below);
- The addition of a language variant - if you’re working with English to Portuguese (Brazilian), for example, we won’t accept your request for English to Portuguese (European) due to quality concerns;
- Excessive language pair requests - if you already work with two or maybe three languages, we won’t add more except in very specific scenarios.
Language pair requests we are more likely to accept (but may still decline):
- The ‘reverse’ of the language pair you work with. If you’ve signed up for English to Russian, for example, we’d usually* be happy to add Russian to English to your account;
- New source languages for a target language you already work with - for example, if you work with Italian, we’d usually be happy to add Portuguese to Italian**;
- Language pairs that are currently open to new editors (you can see this by logging out of your account and going to the sign up page to see what LPs are open). If you can’t see the one you’re looking for there, it’s because it’s currently closed for registration. Please contact us to add this - do not create a new account.
You’ll need to contact us to get language pairs added to your account. For support on starting with a language pair that’s different from the one(s) you’re used to, please take a look at our guide for new editors.
Do not create an account for a language pair you do not speak in the hope to switch to a language pair that is closed for registrations. Your request will be declined.
* Please note that the vast majority of jobs have English as source - if you're looking to increase your workload, this may not be the answer. We'll advise you on this when you get in touch.
**This type of language pair is limited to Western European language combinations. We'll advise you on this when you get in touch.