It’s great to hear that you’re interested in becoming a part of our Senior Editor community here at Unbabel. To start, let’s just take a look at who out Senior Editors normally are, and what their role is with us.
Senior Editor profile
- Displays a keen attitude and an interest in translation;
- Always responds to emails and engages with Community Managers when asked for feedback or when being asked to work;
- Excellent and consistent quality across all translations, with a minimum rating of 4.0;
- Normally at least six months of consistent work with us;
- An absolute minimum of two sets of paid evaluations.
We don’t require our Senior Editors to have any previous experience, though any interest in translation or AI is considered a bonus.
What do Senior Editors do?
Senior Editors have one of the most important roles in the Unbabel system - they check and polish final texts completed by editors for our most important customers. These are often longer texts such as FAQ articles, so Senior Editors need to be able to look for consistency issues sometimes across jobs of many thousands of words. It’s a huge responsibility - but there’s more work available and more variety to your day.
How do I apply?
Only a member of Unbabel staff can promote an editor, and if you’re offered a promotion you’ll receive an email from your Community Manager. Please don’t contact us to ask for a promotion - even in the unlikely event we were looking for Senior Editors, we never promote on request.
Space is often limited, and it can be months at a time before we look for new Senior Editors for a certain language pair, so be patient. If you fit the profile above and are in contact with us, it’s only a matter of time before there’s a space for you - we always endeavour to make space in the community for exceptional editors.