The settings page is available to Portal users with an Admin or higher tier role.
On this page, you will be able to manage your instance's overall settings along with the agent's language preferences and authorization status.
You can access the page by expanding the Unbabel widget, finding and clicking the cogwheel icon at the top left corner. A user with enough privelefges will see the Account setup option available to him. Clicking it will redirect the user to the Customer Portal section of Integrations, where the settings are available for management. Note: you can navigate back to the widget main menu by clicking the close icon at any time. The section is also available by logging in directly to the portal and selecting it from the left panel - make sure you have a valid account.
The settings page will allow you to control and adjust several aspects and features of the Unbabel integration for the organization (instance) as a whole, which is the subject of this article. See their description in the chapter below. It also includes the agents' list and enables you to control their authorization and language settings.
The page is divided into different sections: Translation Settings, Tags, Agents and General Settings.
Under translation settings you will be able to find and manage some settings that affect the way your agents will operate on the interface in order to request translations. They are:
- Settings for inbound messages
- Default note author: you can select one specific authorized agent as the default author of all inbound messages, or have the customer being the author (default mode).
- Default Language - this will be the default language to which tickets will be translated when using Automatic Pre-translation. For the typical flow, please keep English selected to avoid errors.
- Translation Requests - Will list the available Translation Models. You can pick from one of the options on how Unbabel will be invoked to translate. Read more about your options here.
- Settings for outbound messages
- Pre-fill with #unbabel - determines whether #unbabel is automatically populated in any internal note in a ticket that has been initialized. #unbabel will not populate if the ticket language is set to a user's preferred or spoken language, even if the checkbox is selected.
You can temper with some exceptions to the regular translation flow in this section of the page.
- Automatic Pre-translation - you can check this box if you want to trigger automatic pre-translation for any ticket as soon as it is created. Read more about the feature here.
Under the agents' section, you are able to grant permissions to which agents you wish authorized to use Unbabel, by clicking the Add agent button. Authorized agents are listed below, by their email. You can see the agent's language preferences, with their Language (writing language) and Spoken Languages (languages not needing translation) listed ahead. You can edit the agent preferences and permissions by clicking the pencil icon next to the agent entry, opening the Agent Settings.
For the time being, it is not possible to delete agents from the list. If you wish to revoke access to an agent, uncheck the box next to Authorized in this menu. If you really need to have the agent's email removed from the list, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agents are listed alphabetically and split into several pages. You can search by the agent email, and any matches will restrict the list to the agents meeting the search criteria.
In the General Settings section, you will be able to manage some overall settings applicable to your whole Organization:
- Import And Authorize Agents by default - you can toggle this setting on if you wish newly created Freshdesk agents to be automatically added and authorized as Unbabel users.
- Access Token - We use the token in order to securely communicate with your instance. The token consists of the Unbabel Admin API key, and is used as to access the instance, therefore it should be updated at all times. Failing to do so may compromise communication between Freshdesk and the Unbabel systems. The user needs to be a Freshdesk admin.
Changes need to be saved in each and every section in order to produce effect.
Help! My settings page is only loading the header!
This is an identified issue if you are using Google Chrome. Sometimes, the page may not load all its components and only display the header. To correct this, open the Developer Tools (you can press F12), and make sure the Disable Cache checkbox is ticked. Refresh the page by pressing F5 and you should be able to load the page correctly.