The settings page is available to the Unbabel Admin and other users that are granted an Admin role, and are authorized to be Unbabel users.
On this page, you will be able to manage your instance's overall settings along with the agent's language preferences and authorization status.
To access the settings page, expand the Unbabel widget, and then find and click the cogwheel icon at the top left corner. Then, select from either Agent settings or Account setup. Note: you can navigate back to the widget main menu by clicking the close icon at any time.
Once you select one of the options you will be forwarded to the Settings page in a new tab. To access the settings page, the Unbabel account credentials - username and password as used in the Installation process - are required. All admins will need to be in possession of these credentials if they are to access the page.
In the General Settings section, you will be able to manage some overall settings applicable to your whole Organization:
- Access Token - We use the token in order to securely communicate with your instance. The token consists of the Unbabel Admin API key, and is used as to access the instance, therefore it should be updated at all times. Failing to do so may compromise communication between Freshdesk and the Unbabel systems. The user needs to be a Freshdesk admin.
- Author of inbound messages: you can select one specific authorized agent as default author of all inbound messages, or have the customer being the author (default mode).
- Default Language - this will be the default language to which tickets will be translated when the translation model is Start Automatically.
- Translation Model - you can pick from one of the options on how Unbabel will be invoked to translate. Read more about your options here.
- Automatic Pre-Translation - you can tick this checkbox if you want your tickets to be translated even before an agent opens them.
- Automatically add #unbabel - if selected, the trigger word is added automatically to new internal notes in tickets where Unbabel is being used.
Under the agents' section, you are able to grant permissions to which agents you wish authorized to use Unbabel, by clicking the Add agent button. Authorized agents are listed below, by their email. You can see the agent's language preferences, with their Language (writing language) and Spoken Languages (languages not needing translation) listed ahead. As an admin, you can edit the agent preferences and permissions by clicking the pencil icon next to the agent entry, opening the Agent Settings.
For the time being, it is not possible to delete agents from the list. If you wish to revoke access to an agent, uncheck the box next to Authorized in this menu. If you really need to have the agent's email removed from the list, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assigning an Admin role
After creating an agent record, the Unbabel Admin (originally) or another user with the Admin role can check/uncheck the Admin box that marks the user as an Admin who can manage the options of the Settings page. Assigning the role to a user will display the cogwheel icon in the widget.
Help! My settings page is only loading the header!
This is an identified issue if you are using Google Chrome. Sometimes, the page may not load all its components and only display the header. To correct this, open the Developer Tools (you can press F12), and make sure the Disable Cache checkbox is ticked. Refresh the page by pressing F5 and you should be able to load the page correctly.