The Usage Reports page is the place to be if you are looking to deep-dive into the metrics of any of your active subscriptions' usage in near real-time (as usage can take up to 24 hours to fully update). This enables you to leverage any insights and optimize your customers’ experience over time. To enter the Usage Reports page, select Reports > Usage from the Navigation panel to the left.
Your usage is split and reported according to content type, reflecting the different subscriptions you may have contracted - you will have separate tabs for Email, Chat and FAQ/Longform content. Usage is also added across different origins per content type - meaning that even if you are translating emails with different teams and CRMs, you will be looking at the sum of that activity.
Each subscription will load different charts, containing several different metrics pertaining to that content type. You will be able to see metrics filtered by language pair, time period, Pipeline Group, and be presented with detailed data concerning the TAT and Volumes your the data in bulk or restricted to your search criteria, as the metrics update to reflect your selection.
Data is available for current subscriptions or any past subscriptions with an end date posterior to 01/01/2021.
By default, all usage metrics will only consider outbound messages (unless otherwise specified in your contract).
Select the subscription you wish to analyze, by clicking on its respective tab. Make sure you have the intended time period selected to begin diving into more detail.
Usage stats provide you with:
- Translated messages/words: number of translated individual messages or words
- Translated threads/articles: number of translated conversations or articles
- Used language pairs: number of language pairs translated at least once
- Turnaround time: average TAT for outbound requests
This board will allow you to break down important information such as used units and TATs per language pair, per combination of several language pairs, or considering totals.
For any given selection, you will be able to check on the number and percentage of used units (considering the consumption at the current moment), and median TAT.
Usage over time
This chart will display a graphical representation of how many units have been used over time, within a period corresponding to your initial selection. The line is not cumulative and it returns the count of units for each day or month represented.
Usage Data Export
In addition to viewing reports and monitoring subscriptions, it's possible to export usage reports for a given subscription by time period and language pair.
This can be done by clicking on Export Data in the top right corner of the screen.
Once the report is complete, you'll receive an email to download the file in .csv format. It will be available in the Files section underneath the Linguistic Resources - Files tab in the portal.
Note: the file name is generated based on the channel the subscription serves and the start and end dates. Requesting a file with the same criteria will request the same name and overwrite an existing one.
The CSV includes the following data fields:
- message id: the internal ID for the translation in the Unbabel systems
- thread id: the external facing ID for the thread. Usually corresponds to the ticket number, conversation ID, etc, as seen in the CRM
- language pair name: the LP direction of the request
- delivered at
- time taken (miliseconds)
- number of words
- external brand id: the external facing ID of the brand the request is using
- external brand name: the external facing designation of the brand the request is using
- sender: the role of the author of the request
- agent id: if applicable, shows the author of the translation request if it's an agent
- origin name: identifies the product used to request the translation
- translation profile id: the internal ID for the Pipeline Group used in the request
Under some unusual circumstances, you may find an error message when trying to return a search result for the Usage Reports.
“The page you tried to access is not available.“
"There’s no translation usage with the filters you’ve applied. Please redefine or reset filters.”
The search criteria you applied have no translation requests matching them. You may want to try a different search.
The page is loading infinitely, even after refreshing.
Some ad-blocks or extensions may compromise the loading of the page. Disable them and try refreshing the page again.