Installing the Zendesk Agent Workspace integration is fairly easy.
If you are an existing customer, please skip to step 2.
Step 1. New customers need to install Unbabel for Zendesk Support.
- Go to https://www.zendesk.com/apps/ and search for Unbabel
- alternatively go to https://www.zendesk.com/apps/support/unbabel-for-zendesk-support/
- Click “Install”
- Click “Install” again
- Click “Install” once again
- Open an existing ticket and find the Unbabel applet on the right
- On the Unbabel applet, click on Log In.
- You’ll be prompted to log in with your Unbabel credentials (you will need to have an account created by this step)
- Click “Authorize”
- Select the agents that you want to use Unbabel
- Click “Start using Unbabel”
- We’ll take you back to the ticket where you first started and your setup is completed!
Step 2. In order to use the new Zendesk Agent Workspace Integration, you will need to enable the Agent Workspace on your Zendesk Environment.
The Zendesk Agent Workspace enables agents to manage Support and Chat conversations within the same interface.
Administrators can enable or disable this workspace for their Zendesk account.
- First, email your Customer Success Manager stating that you wish to use Unbabel for Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- Then, enable the Agent Workspace on your Zendesk Environment:
To enable the agent workspace:
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Settings > Agents.
- In the Agent workspace section, select the Enable the Agent Workspace setting.
- Save your changes.
To prevent application conflicts and potential tracking issues, Zendesk does not recommend using the Support Chat app with the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
When the agent workspace is enabled, the Support Chat app is automatically disabled on your account. If you subsequently disable the agent workspace and you want to use the Chat app, you have to manually re-enable it.
For more information on how to enable the Zendesk Agent Workspace, click here.