Segments is still in the testing phase, which means that only a very small number of editors in selected communities will be able to access them. However, we hope that soon we’ll be able to roll them out to all of our communities.
However, much like review tasks, segments tasks will only be offered to a select number of editors per LP based on criteria that will be similar to those for promotion to Senior Editor. As with Senior Editors, we would expect editors to:
- Display a keen attitude and an interest in translation;
- Always respond to emails and engages with Community Managers when asked for feedback or when being asked to work;
- Have excellent and consistent quality across all translations, with a minimum rating of 4.0;
- Have completed at least six months of consistent work with us;
- Have an absolute minimum of two sets of paid evaluations.
In addition to this, due to the nature of the work and the necessity for extremely high quality on every single job we may introduce other quality-based criteria, for example a requirement of zero or almost zero a) jobs flagged for quality reasons or b) demotions since starting with Unbabel.
As with Senior Editor promotions, only a member of Unbabel staff can grant access to segments tasks, and if you’re offered this you’ll receive an email from your Community Manager. Please don’t contact us to ask for this - we have limited capacity and if we have a space for you, we’ll be in touch.