The Settings page allow for the management of Organization-wide and agent specific settings alike. The page is accessible to any Customer Portal user with a role of Integrations Manager or above, and can be found in the Integrations section of the Portal. Find below the available items and their meaning and effects.
Translation settings deal with how the translation actions interact with the user interface.
Inbound message options
Consider bot messages inbound
If on, we will consider messages authored by Intercom's support bot as inbound messages, meaning two things:
- we will use their content to determine the language of the conversation
- we will translate them in an initial thread translation
Translate whole thread on start
If checked, Unbabel will translate all existing messages on the conversation when it is triggered for the first time.
Start translating on agent assign
If checked, Unbabel won't try to translate a conversation until it's assigned to an agent (assignment to teams/inboxes don't count).
Default note author
You can add an Intercom user code here. If a valid value is input, the user will be the author of any internal notes containing inbound translations. Maybe relevant for building your metrics.
Whenever translation is occurring in an unassigned conversation, this language is the target language for inbound translations and the source one for outbounds.
Token and Webhook options
If you click the three dotted button to the right of Edit, you can see two additional options. You should only select any of these when explicitilly told by Unbabel.
- Reinstall webhooks - returns the webhook configurations to their default.
- Refresh token - redoes the token used for authenticating requests between Unbabel and the Organization
The Agent Settings page allows for several different aspects of agent management:
See any of the dedicated articles for more information.
General settings apply to the whole organization. Below you can find the available items and their meaning and effects.
- Authorize new agents - if checked, agents that are not part of the agent list described above will be automatically added and authorized to use Unbabel. Does not authorize agents that are added to the list but not authorized.