Here at Unbabel, we believe in providing our talented community of editors with challenging and interesting work. Fraud jeopardises this for everyone, and we are committed to fighting it in all its forms.
We commit ourselves unequivocally to the following measures:
- We promise to stand up for those hard working editors who work honestly to provide high-quality translation using their advanced skill set;
- We promise to stop any and all instances of editors violating our Terms of Service for personal gain, and/or using the Unbabel platform to attempt to earn money dishonestly on the platform;
- In cases where we find editors to be acting fraudulently and/or dishonestly as described above, we promise to revoke these editors’ access to Unbabel and seize any and all funds in their Unbabel balance.
How do we find fraud?
- Long-term analysis of the timings of tasks and/or reviews to ensure editors are not gaming the system;
- Searches of online activity for use of third-party websites and/or copy-pasting which constitute a clear breach of our Terms of Service by dedicated members of staff;
- Analysis of editing distance in tasks to verify the long-term quality of translations submitted by editors.
What does this mean?
Well, fundamentally for 99% of all of our editors - don’t worry. You’re working hard and we’re just doing this in the background to make sure that everyone in the community deserves their place.
If you have any questions about the above, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us at email@example.com.