As soon as you submit a job, you can check the updated balance on the "Account" tab of the dashboard. Our payments are done through Paypal or Payoneer (but only if Paypal is not an option where you live (read more about it in the next section Paypal isn’t available in my country. What can I do?).
When we make payments, we’ll do it to the PayPal email address associated with your Unbabel account. Just go to Cash Out on your dashboard and request your money, and it’ll be with you in 14 days. It’s as simple as that!
The cash out function on your dashboard only works for PayPal customers. If you made a cash-out request by accident, you will not be able to cancel it from the dashboard. Sending a message to our support team may also not work, as the payment may have been processed in the meantime.
Unless this transaction is denied by PayPal itself (in which case we will contact you via email) or is not claimed after 30 days (when it will be returned to Unbabel), your withdrawal request will be considered completed and the amount will not be returned to your balance. If PayPal denies the transaction or refunds Unbabel after these 30 days, we will either delete your order or top-up your account and you'll be able to request a cash-out correctly.
Paypal isn’t available in my country. What can I do?
If PayPal isn't available in your country, the withdrawal can be processed through Payoneer, a payment service that provides online money transfers in over 200 countries and territories around the world.
We only offer payment through Payoneer when PayPal is not supported in your country. We will automatically decline any Payoneer payment requests from customers in countries that have PayPal access.
Please use this form to request your cash-out - you can request in multiples of $5, with $20 being the minimum. There's no maximum amount per order.
Before you request your first cash-out to Payoneer, you’ll need to open a Payoneer account. Please use the same email you use at Unbabel, or we won't be able to send your funds.
Once you submit your first cash-out request, keep an eye on your email inbox, as you’ll receive a message with the subject line “Confirm your first Unbabel cash-out via Payoneer". You’ll need to click on the link provided to complete the setup. It may take us a little longer to set up your payment options via Payoneer than it would with Paypal.
The cash out function on your dashboard is only available for PayPal customers - if you are paid via Payoneer, please don’t request cash-outs via your dashboard.
Contact our support team through this form if you are facing any of the following situations:
- You are no longer working as a freelance editor and would like to cash out/withdraw your full balance
- The amount received is not aligned with the cash out/withdraw requested
- You requested a cash-out to your old PayPal/Payoneer email
- You created a new PayPal/Payoneer account (this change can only be done if you contact us from the email linked to the Unbabel account, read more here).
- You want to switch from Payoneer to Paypal or vice versa (remember that you can only switch from Paypal to Payoneer if you moved to a country where Paypal is not supported). In both cases you must use the same email associated with Unbabel; learn more here.
- It’s been more than 14 days (14 business days for the first cash-out with Payoneer) and you haven’t received your cash-out. Before contacting us, make sure all steps mentioned here were followed - i.e. Paypal: check cash-out status on dashboard; Payoneer: check if account set up is complete.
Please keep in mind that although cash-outs are, on occasion, issued before the 14-day limit, we cannot accommodate requests for transactions to be completed before this given timeframe.