There are a number of variables here, so please go through the list in order to see whether they apply to you.
- You’ve been demoted from paid tasks access. Is it possible that you’ve missed your latest set of evaluation results? If this is the case, you should have received an email detailing your latest evaluation score, and you should have new evaluation results in your dashboard. To regain access to paid tasks, please see this article.
- We haven’t seen you for a while. If you’ve been inactive from the platform for over 120 days, you’ll have lost your paid tasks access. This is done automatically by the system to ensure that our whole community has been evaluated based on work they’ve done recently.
- You’re experiencing standard fluctuations in the number of tasks. This is nothing to worry about, and you can read more about this here.
While this might be a system error, in 99% of cases, it’s one of the four cases above. Please keep in mind that there are a few steps you can take upfront, such as logging out of Unbabel, clearing cache and cookies, and logging back in.
If this doesn’t solve the problem, please get in contact with us, mentioning:
- What type of task are you trying to pick
- How many tasks show up on the counter
- What message is showing in the bottom right corner of the screen
- We recommend you also follow the support request guidelines described here.